3/31/13

13/52

"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013."


the 52 project: 13/52.

[52 project participants who inspired me last week: Cinnamon GirlSarah Illustrator, The Byron Life, Sunny + Scout, Modern Nomads With Kids, and of course Che & Fidel]

///

This was the week that I realized I have no idea how to talk to a toddler. Meeting Grace's demands - or rather, not meeting them - needs to be done with a little more finesse than I am currently managing. Despite a few minor tantrums and her occasional refusal to eat anything but toast with jam, I continue to find myself smiling over how our little babe's brain works. I love the random jumping when we're walking from one errand to another, or the way she busts a move to the CBC interlude music... She simply acts what she feels, and it's quite amazing to see.

The sunniest of 2013 weeks yet, Grace and I were outside every day, sometimes just doing nothing in the grass. The pictures from this set represent bits and pieces of a trip to Stanley Park to ride the Easter Train. Following our ride we ate lunch together on a bench in the park, protecting our goods from the birds ("no-no birds, Gaycee's ola bar"). Gracie tucking flowers into her hair, super-sized pinecones, twirling in her Easter dress, excitement over the Stanley Park horses, a desire to stay outside forever - these are a few of the things I will remember about this day.

///

PS - I recently read this article, "Coping with the Caveman in the Crib" and am planning to get this book. Hello, happiest toddler on our block (which is a funny thing to say since she's pretty happy already - it should be happiest mama on our block)! 


Enjoying springtime sun in Stanley Park. 

2 comments:

  1. These pictures of your little one are stunning, love that little flower in her hair! Your not alone, my daughter is almost two and I cant believe how difficult raising a toddler is at times! It's truly incredible though watching them grow and discover the world around them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jennifer! They are the loveliest little beings indeed. I just browsed through your blog - love it!

    ReplyDelete