4/7/13

14/52

"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013."


the 52 project: 14/52.

[52 project participants who inspired me last week: Forever Lovely, Crumbbums, The Beetle Shack, milk please mum, and of course Che and Fidel]

///

A rainy but wonderfully full week... We are back to happy and eating foods other than toast with jam. Sean has been working endlessly and while he normally does the bath/bedtime routine I took over a few times this week. G is now much more able to communicate her preferences ("Sing, Daddy" before bed, "hug you" as a way to worm her way into my lap or have me carry her) saying "Sing, Mommy" before each sleep (What? Sean is the singer in this family!). In addition, it seems hints of the concept of sharing are seeping into her consciousness. While I was swimming on Friday she apparently brought toys to each of the little babies at the childminding centre, an amazing gesture as I've not seen her do this on my watch!

On Thursday it was particularly wet outside, so we coloured with the rock crayons, decorating animal masks. Intense focus, delight over seeing mama wearing a cat on her face, getting "cozy" in the snow leopard sleeping bag, protecting our crayons from Monty - these are a few of the things I will remember about this experience.

Meow!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful shots, love the third picture of Grace, her expression is just perfect! Where did you get those rock crayons? They look pretty amazing!

    Thanks so much for the link love! Since finding your blog through the 52 project you have been such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer - I love the one you posted of your little one's fingers and the flowers, such a beautiful combination! We received the crayon rocks as a gift from a local Vancouver store called Dilly Dally but I think if you google them you might be able to find them anywhere? This 52 project is great fun and I too am so happy to have stumbled upon your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete